Translate

Sunday, November 10, 2013

DIY Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter

As the winter months are now here, our skin needs xtra care, especially if your like me and have a mild case of Psoriasis or Eczema. Winter means plenty of exfoliation and moisturizing so Im going to give you a recipe for a simple and effective coconut oil body butter made with only two ingredients, coconut oil and vitamin E.
You will need the following:
     
      1 cup coconut oil ( I use organic coconut oil that I purchase at my local health store, its the best)

    1 tbl spoon Vitamin E Oil

Do not melt coconut oil before mixing, it must be in solid form to whip.
Add both coconut oil and vitamin E oil in a bowl and mix on high with hand mixer or Kitchen Aid untill it reaches a creamy, whipped consistancy pour in mason jar for storage and you are done, you may want to store in the fridge if your house stays at a considerably warm temp and remember that you dont need alot as this is oil based.
  I use this everday immediatly after showering, it does wonders for my dry skin and the smell is pleasant also.
Winterize and pamper the skin your in!

No comments:

Post a Comment